Thursday, April 24, 2014

I'll say I loved you years ago - Cherie Priest


Not much to report today, except for three impending baby purple finches! Their parents wigged out at me when I (ever-so-carefully) watered the flower basket, so I’m not sure what I’ll do once the wee ones arrive. Probably I’ll just paparazzi the heck out of them and feel bad for my poor dying flowers.


We’ll see.



Here’s today’s progress on my witchy art-deco horror novel about Lizzie Borden thirty years after her parents’ deaths – now featuring ghosts and non-ghosts alike, anti-Catholic conspiracy nuts, supernatural political shenanigans, the mafia, and a Bonus! space-worshiping murder cult hiding behind the KKK:




Project: Chapelwood

Deadline: October 1, 2014

New words written: 2769 (good)

Present total word count: 76,841


Things accomplished in fiction: Made it to the carnivorous storage vault, and figured out a killer – which was actually the smallest, most minor part of the mystery.


Next up: A confession, a search, and problem of space ghosts.


Things accomplished in real life: Neighborhood jaunt with dog; chose a contractor for this hardscaping work in the back yard, yay!; took the pruners to HedgeHenge and got it under control before things get too wacky out there; weeded the bed where the roses grow along the sidewalk; gossiped with a neighbor.


Other: Still need to schedule the work for the yard, but we’ll sort that out over the next few days. Tomorrow, I’ll go down to the historic zoning office and make sure I’m not stepping on any toes; I’m reasonably confident that everything we have planned falls well within guidelines, but I’d rather be safe than yelled at and fined.


Bonus Other: It’s less than a week until I fly out for the Gaslight Gathering in San Diego! I’m already mentally planning my packing and shenanigans – and wondering about the weather…


Night of the Living Other: [:: does the "I'm gonna have a patio" dance of glee ::]


Number of fiction words so far this year: 110,234





Source:


http://ift.tt/1tI8FWK






The Late News from http://ift.tt/1h3ueKo